The first cohort of ten fully-funded places are available to start in September 2019.
Applications are made for entry to the 4-year training programme, including both training in the fundamentals of EI and supervision of your PhD research.
Fully funded 4-year studentships are available for UK and EU students. The funding is for four years and covers University tuition fees and all course fees, an annual stipend, (which is £15,009 for the academic year 2019/20), and funds towards research activities.
A limited number of studentships are available for exceptional international applicants. Self-funded students are welcome to apply.
Initially, expressions of interest should be sent by email: email@example.com. If you would like to have an informal discussion about the CDT, please email us and we will get back to you to arrange a suitable time for you to talk to one of the team.
Expressions of interest should include:
- Title, First Name, Surname, Email address;
- A short statement (no more than 250 words) explaining your motivation for applying to this CDT;
- A 2-page CV which includes your academic and work experience, your nationality and country of normal residence (for the past 3 years, not including full time education);
- Scans of your academic transcript(s);
- Details of where you heard about this CDT.
An initial selection will be made by a recruitment panel and selected candidates will be invited to an interview (that can be conducted by Skype).
Deadlines for submission
Applications for the first cohort will be considered on a rolling basis, with deadlines on 31 March 2019, 31 May 2019, and 31 July 2019; the latter subject to availability of places. You are advised to apply early as the application process will be competitive.